1. an identifying appellation signifying status or function: e.g. 'Professor' or 'Doctor'
Example : I didn't like friends to use my formal title.
2. a heading that names a statute or legislative bill 3. an informal right to something 4. an established or recognized right 5. a legal document signed and sealed and delivered to effect a transfer of property and to show the legal right to possess it 6. the status of being a champion
Example : They held the title for two years.
7. designate by an identifying term 9. an appellation signifying nobility
Example : `your majesty' is the appropriate title to use in addressing a king
10. the name of a work of art or literary composition
Example : The librarian looked for books with the word 'jazz' in the title.
11. (usually plural) written material introduced into a movie or TV show to give credits or represent dialogue or explain an action
Example : the titles go by faster than I can read
12. a general or descriptive heading for a section of a written work
Example : the novel had chapter titles
Translation for "title"
title meaning in Spanish : título title meaning in German : Titel title meaning in Japanese : タイトル title meaning in Turkish : Başlık title meaning in Chinese : 标题 title meaning in Arabic : عنوان title meaning in Polish : tytuł title meaning in Hindi : शीर्षक title meaning in French : Titre title meaning in Russian : заглавие title meaning in Tamil : தலைப்பு title meaning in Telugu : టైటిల్