3. the faculty by which external objects or forces are perceived through contact with the body (especially the hands)
Example : only sight and touch enable us to locate objects in the space around us
5. be equal to in quality or ability 6. a suggestion of some quality
Example : There was a touch of sarcasm in their tone.
Example : They could not touch the meaning of the poem.
9. the act of putting two things together with no space between them
Example : The touch of the wires filled the room with light.
10. a distinguishing style
Example : this room needs a woman's touch
11. the sensation produced by pressure receptors in the skin
Example : I like the touch of silk on my skin.
12. a communicative interaction 13. the event of something coming in contact with the body
Example : I longed for the touch of your hand.
14. a slight but appreciable amount
Example : this dish could use a touch of garlic
15. a slight attack of illness
Example : I have a touch of rheumatism.
16. make a more or less disguised reference to 17. consume, eat
Example : I didn't touch my food all night.
18. be in direct physical contact with 19. tamper with
Example : Don't touch my CDs!
21. the feel of mechanical action
Example : this piano has a wonderful touch
22. deftness in handling matters
Example : I have a master's touch.
23. the act of soliciting money as a gift or loan
Example : I watched the beggar trying to make a touch.
24. make physical contact with, come in contact with 25. cause to be in brief contact with
Example : I touched my toes to the horse's flanks.
26. perceive via the tactile sense
Example : Helen Keller felt the physical world by touching people and objects around her
Translation for "touch"
touch meaning in Spanish : toque touch meaning in German : berühren touch meaning in Japanese : タッチ touch meaning in Turkish : dokunma touch meaning in Chinese : 触摸 touch meaning in Arabic : لمس. اتصال. صلة touch meaning in Polish : dotknąć touch meaning in Hindi : स्पर्श touch meaning in French : toucher touch meaning in Russian : потрогать touch meaning in Tamil : தொட touch meaning in Telugu : టచ్