1. teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment 2. a procession (of wagons or mules or camels) traveling together in single file 3. educate for a future role or function 4. wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed
Example : The fool got their tie caught in the geartrain.
5. public transport provided by a line of railway cars coupled together and drawn by a locomotive
Example : express trains don't stop at Princeton Junction
6. a sequentially ordered set of things or events or ideas in which each successive member is related to the preceding 7. undergo training or instruction in preparation for a particular role, function, or profession
Example : They were training to be teachers.
8. create by training and teaching
Example : The old master is training world-class violinists
9. teach and supervise (someone)
Example : act as a trainer or coach (to), as in sports
10. point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards 11. drag loosely along a surface 12. travel by rail or train 13. develop (children's) behavior by instruction and practice 14. piece of cloth forming the long back section of a gown that is drawn along the floor
Example : The train of the gown was carried by two young niblings.
15. a series of consequences wrought by an event
Example : it led to a train of disasters
16. exercise in order to prepare for an event or competition
Example : I am training for the Olympics.
17. cause to grow in a certain way by tying and pruning it
Example : train the vine
Translation for "train"
train meaning in Spanish : entrenar train meaning in German : Zug train meaning in Japanese : 列車 train meaning in Turkish : tren train meaning in Chinese : 培养 train meaning in Arabic : قطار train meaning in Polish : pociąg train meaning in Hindi : रेल गाडी train meaning in French : train train meaning in Russian : поезд train meaning in Tamil : ரயில் train meaning in Telugu : రైలు