1. put in motion or move to act 2. an unintentional but embarrassing blunder
Example : They recited the whole poem without a single trip.
3. get high, stoned, or drugged
Example : They trip every weekend.
4. make a trip for pleasure 5. a catch mechanism that acts as a switch
Example : the pressure activates the tripper and releases the water
6. an exciting or stimulating experience 7. an accidental misstep threatening (or causing) a fall 8. miss a step and fall or nearly fall 9. cause to stumble
Example : The questions on the test tripped us up.
10. a light or nimble tread
Example : They heard the trip of smaller people's feet overhead.
11. a journey for some purpose
Example : We took a trip to the shopping center.
12. a hallucinatory experience induced by drugs
Example : an acid trip
Translation for "trip"
trip meaning in Spanish : viaje trip meaning in German : Ausflug trip meaning in Japanese : トリップ trip meaning in Turkish : gezi trip meaning in Chinese : 旅 trip meaning in Arabic : رحلة قصيرة trip meaning in Polish : wycieczka trip meaning in Hindi : यात्रा trip meaning in French : voyage trip meaning in Russian : поездка trip meaning in Tamil : பயணம் trip meaning in Telugu : యాత్ర