1. confer a trust upon
Example : The messenger was entrusted with the general's secret
2. the trait of believing in the honesty and reliability of others
Example : The experience destroyed their trust.
3. certainty based on past experience 4. complete confidence in a person or plan etc 5. a consortium of independent organizations formed to limit competition by controlling the production and distribution of a product or service
Example : they set up the trust in the hope of gaining a monopoly
6. a trustful relationship 7. have confidence or faith in
Example : We can trust in God
8. be confident about something 9. expect and wish
Example : I trust you will behave better from now on
10. something such as property held by one party, the trustee, for the benefit of another, the beneficiary
Example : I wish I was the beneficiary of a generous trust set up by my parents.
11. extend credit to
Example : don't trust my ex-wife
Translation for "trust"
trust meaning in Spanish : confianza trust meaning in German : Vertrauen trust meaning in Japanese : 信頼 trust meaning in Turkish : güven trust meaning in Chinese : 信任 trust meaning in Arabic : ثقة trust meaning in Polish : zaufanie trust meaning in Hindi : भरोसा trust meaning in French : confiance trust meaning in Russian : доверять trust meaning in Tamil : நம்பிக்கை trust meaning in Telugu : ట్రస్ట్