1. a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities) 2. identify as belonging to a certain type
Example : Such people can practically be typed
3. write by means of a keyboard with types
Example : type the acceptance letter, please
4. a small metal block bearing a raised character on one end 5. a subdivision of a particular kind of thing
Example : what type of sculpture do you prefer?
6. all of the tokens of the same symbol
Example : the word `element' contains five different types of character
7. printed characters
Example : small type is hard to read
8. (biology) the taxonomic group whose characteristics are used to define the next higher taxon
Translation for "type"
type meaning in Spanish : tipo type meaning in German : Art type meaning in Japanese : タイプ type meaning in Turkish : tip type meaning in Chinese : 类型 type meaning in Arabic : نوع type meaning in Polish : rodzaj type meaning in Hindi : प्रकार type meaning in French : type type meaning in Russian : тип type meaning in Tamil : வகை type meaning in Telugu : రకం