1. an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer
Example : You have to join the union in order to get a job.
2. a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets
Example : Let C be the union of the sets A and B.
3. healing process involving the growing together of the edges of a wound or the growing together of broken bones
Example : The union of the tibia lasted around one month.
4. the state of being a married couple voluntarily joined for life or until divorce
Example : We came into this union with few possessions and now look at us.
5. the state of being joined or united or linked
Example : There is strength in union.
6. being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War
Example : Union soldiers
7. the act of making or becoming a single unit
Example : The union of opposing factions came as a surprise to many.
8. the act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes
Example : The union at the zoo between the two tigers was a success.
9. a political unit formed from previously independent people or organizations
Example : The union between the conservatives and the liberals did not last long.
10. of trade unions
Example : The union movement has a strong sway in certain counties.
11. the occurrence of a uniting of separate parts
Example : Lightning produced an unusual union of the metals.
Translation for "union"
union meaning in Spanish : Unión union meaning in German : Union union meaning in Japanese : 連合 union meaning in Turkish : Birlik union meaning in Chinese : 联盟 union meaning in Arabic : الاتحاد union meaning in Polish : unia union meaning in Hindi : संघ union meaning in French : syndicat union meaning in Russian : союз