1. cause to lose one's composure 2. having been turned so that the bottom is no longer the bottom 3. thrown into a state of disarray or confusion 4. afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief
Example : too upset to say anything
5. an improbable and unexpected victory
Example : the biggest upset since David beat Goliath
6. the act of upsetting something
Example : I was badly bruised by the upset of my sled at a high speed.
7. the act of disturbing the mind or body
Example : Their carelessness could have caused an ecological upset.
8. a tool used to thicken or spread metal (the end of a bar or a rivet etc.) by forging or hammering or swaging 9. a physical condition in which there is a disturbance of normal functioning 10. an unhappy and worried mental state 11. form metals with a swage 12. move deeply
Example : This book upset me
13. cause to overturn from an upright or normal position 14. used of an unexpected defeat of a team favored to win 15. mildly physically distressed
Example : an upset stomach
16. disturb the balance or stability of
Example : The hostile talks upset the peaceful relations between the two countries
17. defeat suddenly and unexpectedly
Example : The foreign team upset the local team
Translation for "upset"
upset meaning in Spanish : trastornado upset meaning in German : verärgert upset meaning in Russian : расстроен upset meaning in Portuguese : chateado upset meaning in Chinese : 烦乱 upset meaning in Japanese : 動揺 upset meaning in Tamil : வருத்தம் upset meaning in Arabic : مضطراب upset meaning in Turkish : üzgün upset meaning in Hindi : परेशान upset meaning in Telugu : కలత upset meaning in French : dérangé