1. the act of using
Example : We warned against the use of narcotic drugs.
2. to put into service
Example : We used horses to patrol the streets.
3. what something is used for 4. to take or consume regularly or habitually
Example : I use drugs regularly.
5. exerting shrewd or devious influence especially for one's own advantage 6. in psychology, an automatic pattern of behavior in reaction to a specific situation 7. the exercise of the legal right to enjoy the benefits of owning property
Example : We were given the use of the boat.
8. in economics, the utilization of economic goods to satisfy needs or in manufacturing
Example : Automobile use is up this quarter.
9. to habitually do something, only in the past tense
Example : I used to call my parents every week but now I call only occasionally.
10. to seek or achieve an end by using to one's advantage
Example : We use influential friends to meet influential people.
11. a particular service
Example : I put their knowledge to good use.
Translation for "use"
use meaning in Spanish : utilizar use meaning in German : benutzen use meaning in Japanese : つかいます use meaning in Turkish : kullanım use meaning in Chinese : 使用 use meaning in Arabic : استعمال use meaning in Polish : posługiwać się use meaning in Hindi : उपयोग use meaning in French : utilisation use meaning in Russian : использование use meaning in Tamil : பயன்படுத்த use meaning in Telugu : వా డు