2. (music) the relative duration of a musical note 3. the amount of money, goods, or services that is considered to be a fair equivalent for something else
Example : They tried to estimate the value of the produce at normal prices.
4. evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of 7. relative darkness or lightness of a color
Example : I establish the colors and principal values by organizing the painting into three values--dark, medium...and light-Joe Hing Lowe
8. the quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
Example : the Shakespearean Shylock is of dubious value in the modern world
9. a numerical quantity measured or assigned or computed
Example : the value assigned was 16 milliseconds
10. an ideal accepted by some individual or group
Example : They have old-fashioned values different from their children's.
11. fix or determine the value of
Example : assign a value to
Translation for "value"
value meaning in Spanish : valor value meaning in German : Wert value meaning in Japanese : 値 value meaning in Turkish : değer value meaning in Chinese : 值 value meaning in Arabic : القيمة value meaning in Polish : wartość value meaning in Hindi : मूल्य value meaning in French : valeur value meaning in Russian : значение value meaning in Tamil : மதிப்பு value meaning in Telugu : విలువ