1. talk socially without exchanging too much information
chat , jaw , confab , chitchat , chit-chat , gossip , chatter , confabulate , chew the fat , shoot the breeze , chaffer , natter , claver 2. impose something unpleasant
Example : The principal visited their rage on the students.
3. a temporary stay (e.g., as a guest) 4. go to certain places as for sightseeing
Example : Did you ever visit Paris?
5. come to see in an official or professional capacity
Example : The governor visited the prison
7. go to see a place, as for entertainment 8. the act of going to see some person in a professional capacity
Example : a visit to the dentist
9. the act of visiting in an official capacity (as for an inspection) 10. the act of going to see some person or place or thing for a short time
Example : We dropped by our friend's house for a visit.
11. a meeting arranged by the visitor to see someone such as a doctor or lawyer for treatment or advice
Example : I scheduled a visit to the dentist.
12. assail or inflict
Example : They were visited with a terrible illness that killed them quickly.
13. stay with as a guest
Example : Every summer, we visited our relatives in the country for a month
Translation for "visit"
visit meaning in Spanish : visitar visit meaning in German : Besuch visit meaning in Japanese : 訪問 visit meaning in Turkish : ziyaret etmek visit meaning in Chinese : 访问 visit meaning in Arabic : يزور visit meaning in Polish : odwiedzić visit meaning in Hindi : यात्रा visit meaning in French : visite visit meaning in Russian : визит visit meaning in Tamil : விஜயம் visit meaning in Telugu : పర్యటన