1. an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose 2. utter with vibrating vocal chords 3. the sound made by the vibration of vocal folds modified by the resonance of the vocal tract
Example : Their voice echoed through the building.
4. the melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music 5. expressing in coherent verbal form 6. a means or agency by which something is expressed or communicated
Example : the voice of the law
7. the distinctive quality or pitch or condition of a person's speech
Example : A shrill voice sounded behind us
8. the ability to speak
Example : I lost my voice.
9. something suggestive of speech in being a medium of expression
Example : the wee small voice of conscience
10. a sound suggestive of a vocal utterance
Example : the noisy voice of the waterfall
11. metonymy for a singer
Example : There is no sound better than a trained voice.
12. (linguistics) the grammatical relation (active or passive) of the grammatical subject of a verb to the action that the verb denotes 13. allow something to be expressed
Example : I've already voiced my concern.
Translation for "voice"
voice meaning in Spanish : voz voice meaning in German : Stimme voice meaning in Japanese : 音声 voice meaning in Turkish : ses voice meaning in Chinese : 语音 voice meaning in Arabic : صوت voice meaning in Polish : głos voice meaning in Hindi : आवाज़ voice meaning in French : voix voice meaning in Russian : голос voice meaning in Tamil : குரல் voice meaning in Telugu : వాయిస్