1. the flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller 2. garments or white goods that can be cleaned by laundering 3. remove by the application of water, other liquid, soap or other cleaning agent
Example : I washed the dirt from my coat.
4. the work of cleansing (usually with soap and water) 6. a watercolor made by applying a series of monochrome washes one over the other 7. the dry bed of an intermittent stream (as at the bottom of a canyon) 8. the erosive process of washing away soil or gravel by water, as from a roadway
Example : I watched the wash remove mud from our driveway.
9. cleanse (one's body) with soap and water 11. clean with some chemical process 12. cleanse with a cleaning agent, such as soap, and water 13. any enterprise in which losses and gains cancel out
Example : at the end of the year the accounting department showed that it was a wash
14. a thin coat of water-base paint 15. to cleanse (itself or another animal) by licking
Example : The cat washes several times a day
16. form by erosion
Example : The river washed a ravine into the mountainside
17. apply a thin coating of paint, metal, etc., to 18. separate dirt or gravel from (precious minerals) 19. move by or as if by water
Example : The swollen river washed away the footbridge
20. admit to testing or proof
Example : This silly excuse won't wash in traffic court
21. be capable of being washed
Example : Does this material wash?
Translation for "wash"
wash meaning in Spanish : lavar wash meaning in German : waschen wash meaning in Japanese : 洗う wash meaning in Turkish : yıkama wash meaning in Chinese : 洗 wash meaning in Arabic : غسل wash meaning in Polish : myć się wash meaning in Hindi : धुलाई wash meaning in French : lavage wash meaning in Russian : стирка wash meaning in Tamil : கழுவுதல் wash meaning in Telugu : వాష్