1. information about recent and important events
Example : What's the word on the new smart phone?
2. a secret word or phrase known only to a restricted group
Example : I forgot the word, but can you still let me in?
3. an exchange of views on some topic
Example : We sat down and had words about politics.
4. a highly valued promise
Example : I gave my word to you, yet you still managed to not trust me.
5. to put into words or an expression
Example : I worded my apology badly.
6. a unit of language that native speakers can identify
Example : Words are the blocks from which sentences are made.
7. a brief statement
Example : I didn't say a word about it to anyone.
8. a verbal command for action
Example : When I give the word, charge!
9. a string of bits stored in computer memory
Example : Large computers use words up to 64 bits long.
Translation for "word"
word meaning in Spanish : palabra word meaning in German : Wort word meaning in Japanese : ワード word meaning in Turkish : sözcük word meaning in Chinese : 字 word meaning in Arabic : كلمة word meaning in Polish : słowo word meaning in Hindi : शब्द word meaning in French : mot word meaning in Russian : слово word meaning in Tamil : சொல் word meaning in Telugu : పదం